Hoss

Monkeypanic

Robbins Pathologic Basis of Disease

Robbins Pathologic Basis of Disease - Ramzi S. Cotran;Vinay Kumar;Stanley L. Robbins How To Freak Out and Depress Medical Students (...in two simple steps!)1. Assign this book:This is pretty much the standard text most medical schools use to teach second-year students basic pathology. The text is very thorough explaining the pathologic mechanisms behind all the major diseases, as well as pathophysiology of trauma. The way it was taught at my school (and this is pretty standard), it was a year-long class desgined such that the entire book would have been read cover-to-cover in about ten months. 2. Tell students what they just read:At the end of the last day of class, right before we were released to go home for the study period before exams, our professor told us: "You have now finished completely reading the most thorough text on pathology currently in use in medicine. For each one of you, the odds are greater than 99.99% you have spent considerable time reading a blow-by-blow account of your own death. The only questions that remain are: which page applies to you?; and when is your day coming? Good luck on the final exam!"It is a well-known fact in medicine that most pathologists have a weird sense of humor.