Hoss

Monkeypanic

The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration and 9/11

The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration & 9/11 - David Ray Griffin Do you know how many murders in this country never get solved?Neither do I, but there's enough out there to support an ongoing cabletv series called Cold Case Files. It's a sad fact that a lot of crimes never get solved, but maybe it shouldn't be all that surprising. When a serious crime is committed, investigators have to work hard to reconstruct what happened. It's important to get the details right, because justice requires authorities to identify the guilty parties (not just anyone, but the guy who actually did the deed!) and build a strong legal case so a jury will convict. The events of September 11, 2001 comprise the biggest crime ever to go down in American history. You can argue samantics and say it wasn't a crime, rather and act of war, etc -but the effect is the same: something grossly illegal happened, and the details of who/what/when/where/how needed to be elucidated in order to form a coherant response. A lot was riding on this- America's response was bound to have profound consequences. We had to get this right. Was this complicated crime going to be another "cold case"?NOPE! We had it all figured out, lock, stock and barrel just days after it happened!How sure were we that we had really pieced it all together perfectly? Already by November 2001, Bush gave the signal that any public inquiry into the events of 9/11 must end.