Hoss

Monkeypanic

Abuse Your Illusions: The Disinformation Guide to Media Mirages and Establishment Lies (Disinformation Guides)

Abuse Your Illusions: The Disinformation Guide to Media Mirages and Establishment Lies - Russ Kick, Richard Metzger **This past weekend I re-read the essay on pp.198-227 pertaining to the events of 9/11/2001. Last week, the idea of questioning the official story of 9/11 became a political hot-topic in the Texas gubernatorial race. Television propagandist (and all-around-idiot) Glenn Beck declared Debra Medina unfit for office for the thoughtcrime of merely questioning the official conclusions of the 9/11 Commission. By her own words, Medina was not advancing any conclusions about the events of 9/11, but merely questions whether the official story is complete and accurate. From the essay in this book, it certainly seems there is plenty about 9/11 not addressed by the official explanations. Reason aside, it now appears that merely questioning the official 9/11 story is portrayed as a sort of "political kryptonite".Citizens need to consider very carefully the implications of this new McCarthyism ("are you now, or have you ever been, a supporter of the 9/11 Truth movement?"). The essay in this book is germane to that discussion. This particular publication, and some of the contributing authors (including Howard Zinn, who incidentally defended the official 9/11 story!) are controversial, but whatever one's beliefs, this essay deserves to be considered on its merits.**This book comprises a collection of essays, so the star rating is an average of just the essays I've read (I admit I've only read about 1/2 of them), and the "read date" is just for the 9/11 essay.